Friday, March 16, 2012

Failed Manicure Idea, and the salvaged outcome!

In retrospect, I should probably have left this look alone at the first level, pictured below, but I didn’t know that at the time:

100_0725_thumb

For this, I alternated between lime green and pink. Then, as pictured below, I planned to paint over top of each colour with the alternate colour crackle polish, since I have Cherimoya polishes in bight green and pink. However, as you can see below, while the pink on green worked well, the green on pink looks reallllly muddy:

100_0729_thumb
Definitely not a good look. In an attempt to salvage what I could, instead of redoing all of my nails, I took of the green-on-pink nails, repainted them pink-on-green, and covered everything in glitter, since glitter solves all problems! This was the outcome:

100_0730_thumb

Nothing special, really, but definitely better than having half of my nails look like radioactive mud. Besides, now I know what not to do with that green crackle; I guess it needs to be used only over lighter colours?

I’d love to see other people’s failed attempts at what they thought were awesome ideas. It makes me feel better about my own failures to know I’m not the only one that makes them! =P

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...