Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fall Wishlist

Hello everyone!

I’ve probably mentioned this before, but I am not a summer person. I am so happy that its starting to cool down, since I probably like fall fashion more than any other season! I overheat easily, so it has to get pretty cool for me to start wearing sweaters and jackets and boots comfortably! (Because of this, fall fashion generally lasts me into winter as well, especially since Vancouver’s weather never really gets extremely cold)

Anyways, I wanted to show you guys some of the things I’m wanting for the fall season, though I probably won’t get much, if any, of these things before I get a new job! (*sad face*)

1. Riding boots

Image from SoftMoc.com

I’ve actually wanted these since about a month after I bought my Doc Marten’s last year. I thought they were the look I wanted, and waterproof, and that they’d be comfortable. Aside from being waterproof, though, they really weren’t what I wanted, and I find them massively uncomfortable.

Instead, I’d like a pair of black, or dark chocolate, leather, or at least waterproof, riding style boots. Preferably with a zipper to make putting them on easier. The difficulty might be finding boots with a wide enough opening so that they aren’t tight on my calves…

2. Levi’s Leather Jacket

Image from Sears.ca

Okay, first of all, this is the only picture I could find. They don’t have pictures of any other colours (I want the black), and you can’t even tell what it looks like. Worst promo picture ever. Anyways…

This wasn’t actually on my list to begin with, but I spotted this specific one in Sears, and made the horrible mistake of trying it out. I’m in love. It fits and looks great, and its got a lining, so I wouldn’t have to pair it with a sweater!

3. New black pants

Image from FabSugar.com

This is partly more of a need than a want, since most jobs require you to wear black pants (and not yoga pants!). I actually was supposed to have them for my last job as well, but spent the last year working in yoga pants, since no one ever bugged me about them, so I didn’t see the need to spend the extra money, haha! I should get some for interviews and a prospective new job, though.

4. Flats

Image from Polyvore.com

All of my flats are so dead. I haven’t bought a new pair in a long time, and this is another thing that I also should probably have for a new job and interviews as well. I just want a par of fairly simple black flats, but I want comfort, and I want them to last. I kind of ask a lot. I also really love the look of flats, and how they can be casual, but more dressy than Chucks, Vans, or skate shoes, which are my usual go-to’s

5. Pumas

Image from Shop.Puma.ca

I need new shoes for the gym, and these I could actually wear and not hate, the way I hate most runners. I’m not sure how expensive they are, and should probably look into that before I set my heart on these, but I would probably be happy with a pair that look like Pumas, if the originals are too far out of my price range!

6. New pressed powder

Image from Perfumestop.co.uk

I’m almost done my Sephora pressed foundation powder, and while I like it, I probably won’t repurchase it. Instead, I’m leaning towards either going back to my cheaper Rimmel mineral powder, or else to the MAC powder foundation I nearly bought before finding the Sephora one to try. The MAC had great coverage when I tried it and was really nice, but is obviously a little pricier than the Rimmel.

7. Leather/Pleather/Waterproof backpack

Image from Classyleatherbackpacks.com

Don’t get me wrong, I love my current backpack, but sometimes I like to dress up for class a little bit, and it would be nice to have a dressier backpack to wear on those days, rather than my cute, childish rainbow backpack I usually carry. Aside from that, one that I don’t have to worry about in the rain would be fantastic, since my current one has no semblance of waterproofing. The problem I’ve had so far is finding one that is a) cute enough, b) not too expensive, c) big enough to carry all my gym stuff.

8. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

Image from WhatCulture.com

Rowling’s new book is out on the 27th, and I would have already pre-ordered by copy from Indigo if I had the $20 I needed. Alas, as of yet, I do not, so instead I’ve put it on hold through three libraries in hopes of getting a hold of it as soon as possible.

If you don’t know about the Harry Potter author’s new book, it has nothing to do with the series that secured her fame. Here’s the blurb about it:

“When Barry Fairbrother dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock. Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty facade is a town at war. Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems. And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?”

I might be too excited, but I am a nerd and an English major, so I think it all makes sense! =P

I think that’s everything that I can think of for now. Surprisingly, I have most of the makeup that I have been lusting after, thanks to my trip to Seattle! Aside from the power, which is pretty much an essential, there isn’t much I have been wanting specifically.

Thanks for reading, and be sure to let me know what stuff you’re wanting for this fall in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...