Sunday, November 11, 2012

October 2012 Favourites!

     Hello again, my lovely readers! It’s been November for like a week and a half now, and so I thought it was time to finally get my next favourites post up. Sorry about the delay, I had a bit of an everything-due-at-once situation this past week, and even now I should be reading and writing. But I can take a little while to finish this and get it up.

     Anyways, I’m back down to a rather short lists again this month, because, massive procrastinator that I am,  have yet to find a new job, and thus don’t really have a source of income. =(

That said, here are my favourite products last month:

  1. Body Shop Coconut Body Butter:

    100_1729
         If you remember from last month, my hands were in melt-down mode and were super dry and peeling. This is one of the things that helped me fix them a lot. This is a really old tub and it’s still half full, so I really hope I use it up before it goes rancid, because cocoa butter smells terrible once it’s rancid. Anyways, I’ve really been loving this; it’s like my super dry hands helped me rediscover this product, and I’ve been using it on my hands, as a cuticle cream, and as a lip balm. This is a great all round moisturizer, and probably one of the Body Shop’s best scents!
  2. Lancôme Color Ideal foundation + Garnier BB Cream:

    100_1733
         The BB Cream isn’t a new favourite. I know I’ve mentioned it before, but sometimes you want a little more coverage than a BB Cream can offer you. In order to get that, I’ve been mixing it about half-and-half with an old foundation that I had all but stopped using. Like the body butter, this is another rediscovered old product. I got it in high school, but I’m pretty sure it’s still good; it doesn’t smell bad and because of the pump dispenser, the product doesn’t get contaminated by your fingers.
         I used to have a bit of a problem with this foundation, which is why I stopped using it. It goes on too thick for me, and I could never make it look anything but cakey. It managed to make me look like I had dry patches which weren’t there without the foundation, and it creased awkwardly. However, mixed with the BB Cream, this becomes a great, light-medium coverage foundation!
         Also, because the BB Cream is a little yellower than my skin, and the foundation is a little too pink-based, they even each other out and provide a much more neutral colour, which I have been loving using recently! (This also makes the pricey Lancôme foundation spread a lot farther!)
  3. Maybelline Super Stay 24 Color lipsticks:

    100_1734
    100_1736

         These are wonderful. I’m not much of a lipstick person, because I hate dealing with smudging and lip colour on coffee cups. I also get tired of the feeling of lipstick, which is why this stuff is great for me! You’ve probably all seen these, or something like them before. The lip colour goes on as a liquid, almost like a gloss, but super-pigmented, and then you let that dry. This part is a little uncomfortable. First, the colour gets tacky and then it starts to feel like its shrinking your lips. But once it’s dry to the touch you use the lip balm on the other end to add a bit of shine and to remoisturize your lips.
         I like a slightly more mattified look, so I either blot the gloss down again, or else I just let it wear off naturally, and the colour doesn’t get crunchy feeling again, so it feels super natural, while still giving great bright or dark lips! One tip I have if you want to try these, or any of the other long-wear lipsticks of this type, is to make sure your lips are pretty well moisturized before you apply the colour. This will help it go on much more evenly. Also, greasy food will remove this, so be careful what you’re eating, or how you eat it. When it comes off it gets a bit flakey, and touch-ups can be a little unforgiving. All that said, I love this product.
           (In case you’re wondering what colours these are, the dark red is 025 Keeping Up the Flame, and the other one is 020 Continuous Coral.)

And my Non-cosmetic favourites:

  1. Game of Thrones:
         I started watching this about the beginning of the month. Although it took almost the full first episode to get me hooked (make sure to finish the first episode before considering giving up!), I am completely addicted now. I have watched up to the 8th episode of the second season (so no spoilers, please!), and I’m being slow to finish it off, because the third season doesn’t air until March, but I really want to know what happens, so once all my school work is finished, I’ll be sitting down with some tea to get that done!
         Anyways, I definitely suggest this show if you liked the Tudors, since it has a similar feel. Also if you are a Lord of the Rings fan, this is a great show, with a somewhat similar form. It’s a historical/Medieval era type show with sex, politics/clashing families, drama, magic, and great lines. So if you like British television, fantasy, historical fiction, Sean Bean, definitely give it a try, if you haven’t already, and let me know what you think!
  2. Mars bars:

    100_1740
         I’ve always liked Mars bars, but I wouldn’t have said they were a favourite. But since I got that Mars box of mini chocolate bars for the Halloween party I went to, I’ve been in love! It’s probably my favourite thing in the box. I don’t know why, I usually go for stuff with nuts, but I’m loving the creamy caramelliness!
  3. Candles:

    100_1741
         After watching everyone’s fall haul videos on YouTube, I was dying to get some Bath and Body Works candles, even though that it sooooo low on my priority list right now that it’s insane. Then I realised that I have a bunch of candles that have been sitting in my room for so long. Only one of them had even been lit before! Lame. Anyways, now I’ve been burning them all the time… which only makes me want some B&BW candles more, but at least now I have something to tide me over! The two pictured are both vanilla, but unfortunately I don’t know what brand they are or where they’re from.

     That’s all for now! What were your favourites last month? Let me know in the comments below, and thanks for reading!

     (I should be doing a collective haul post soon. Since my last haul post, I have acquired a bunch of new stuff I want to show off, so I really need to get on that. Maybe by the middle or end of this next week that post will be up, so keep a look out!)

<3

1 comment:

  1. Aww, like yourself my week has sort of been a lot of events rolled into one and I haven't had the chance to post yet. I've used the Coconut Body Butter and quite liked it myself!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...