Monday, May 6, 2013

(Belated) Benefit Sephora Birthday Gift Review

It’s been almost a month since my birthday, but I’m finally getting around to this post: a short review of the Sephora birthday gift for this year, which consists of minis of the Benefit Watts Up highlighter stick and the They’re Real mascara:

100_2580

100_2583

Watt’s Up Highlighter:

This is a cream highlighter stick, which is very pigmented and quite shimmery. I think it might be better used as a base for eyeshadows, though I don’t know about its staying power yet. As a highlight, you have to use a light hand and do some good blending, but this goes give you a very pretty, warm glow.

100_2585

Swatch:

100_2586

Blended swatch:

100_2587

They’re Real Mascara:

100_2589

This is a well-known and well-loved favourite of many bloggers and vloggers in the beauty community, so I’m sure you’ve likely heard of it, even if you haven’t tried it. This sample-size has a full-sized brush, so you really get an idea of what the product is like. The formula is really nice, and I love the results, though I’m not sure a) if this is supposed to be waterproof or water resistant or b) whether it has good staying power, partly because I’m scared to wear it long or on its own in case it isn’t waterproof at all. Also, personally, I find the spikes on this brush a little too pointy and long, and I end up feeling like I’ve scratched my tightline more often than not when I use this product. It’s definitely good, but I have so many good mascaras that I don’t think I’d bother to repurchase this.

That said, this is probably the best Sephora Birthday gift so far, since I am likely to get the most use out of it, and it’s great that they’re are letting us try out some well-known products from such a great brand!

Lemme know what you think if you’ve ever tried these products, full size or from the birthday gift. Also, please let me know if there are any posts you’d like to see.

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...