Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Face of the Day // How Much Does My Face Cost?

A few days ago I had tons of time to do my makeup and take pictures before I went out. It was probably a class day, since I’m usually rushing out the door other days, and my makeup ends up looking a lot simpler. So I decided to take advantage of the opportunity to show off an casual, fairly natural/everyday type of makeup look for me.

Whole picture:

100_2697

The eyes:

100_2696

And all the makeup and brushes I used:

100_2693

As you can see, I did pretty much everything in this look, though I have used more at one time before. Anyways, when I add up how much this look cost, I’m going to be estimating my prices, since I can’t remember exactly, obviously, for each product. For stuff I can’t remember at all, I’ll google it.

Up first…

Face/Skin Products:

100_2701

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Ivory = $10

Veil Illuminating Complexion Fix Concealer = $38 (but I won it)

Used on eyes and under-eyes, and for blemishes that aren’t acne related.

Clinique Acne Solution Clearing Concealer = $19

Shiro Cosmetics Fatality Finishing Powder = $10 (plus shipping)

ELF Blush in Candid Coral = $3 (plus shipping)

Physician’s Formula Organic Wear Bronzer in Natural Glow = $22

For contouring under jaw, below cheekbones, temples, forehead, and sides of nose.

Face product total: $102

Lip Products:

100_2703

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Sugar Plum = $6

Mine looks funny and has a weird cap because this was in the staff room with a bunch of other testers that my last job was trying to get rid of before they closed. I believe it was free.

Mai Couture Social Gloss in Femme Fatale = $25

This colour is really dull and (in my opinion) ugly on it`s own, but over this too-dark-for-the-season lipstick, it makes a great colour.

Lip product total: $31

Eye/Eyebrow Products:

100_2706

Essence Get Big Lashes Waterproof Mascara = $5

NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Light Brown (I think) = $5

BA Star glitter glue primer = $9

Used as a primer under my eyeshadow

Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Perversion = $23

On the lower waterline.

MUA Heaven and Earth Palette = $7 (or 4 pounds in the UK. I won this in a contest.)

I think I used two colours out of this palette for this look: The dark bronze colour, second from the right in the top row, and probably the second from the left in the bottom row.

Eye product total: $49

Brushes:

100_2709

ELF Kabuki Face Brush = $6 (plus shipping)

Used for finishing powder, and softening my bronzer

Real Techniques Contour Brush – and –

For my bronzer.

Real Techniques Buffing Brush = $20 (Set price; I bought these brushes as part of the Core collection.)

My foundation brush.

ELF Blending Brush = $3 (plus shipping)

I’m guessing the price, since it looks like they don’t sell this brush anymore. I use it for my blush.

ELF Studio Contour Brush = $3 (plus shipping)

ELF Essential Smudge Brush = $1 (plus shipping)

Brush total: $36

***

And my total cost for this whole look?

$218

That’s a lot of money, and that doesn’t include shipping on anything I bough online! That said, you also have to remember that very little of every product is used each time you use it, and I didn’t buy all of these products in one shot. Still, I think this was a fun exercise to see how much I really spend on makeup!

If you also want to do this, let me know in the comments, and link me to your blog post or youtube video. I’d love to see how you do! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...