Thursday, August 15, 2013

MAC Mini-haul (+ a nail polish)

Assuming I can control myself, this may be my last haul for a while, as I need to start saving money in case I can’t get a job pretty soon.  As such, I decided to have a final week of indulgence and picked up a couple things from MAC. But first, the more boring part…

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat:

100_3079

100_3084

100_3087

100_3088

I am basically down to the dregs of both my Seche Vite and my Out the Door topcoat, both of which start to get a little horrible at the end of the bottle. Instead of replacing one of those, I decided to try another quick drying topcoat that I’ve seen a fair bit of love for online, and which costs a good deal less than the others. This was about $7 at the Superstore, and so far, I’m really happy with it. The “Dries any nail colour ! 30 Seconds to set” seems like a big claim, but it does dry really fast, though I haven’t tried to dent or smear it, to be fair. Also, it doesn’t have the harsh smell of Seche Vite, or leave the streakiness that Out the Door can sometimes have. Overall, I’m pretty impressed!

And now onto the good bit:

100_3117

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Hang-Up:

100_3119

100_3120

100_3122

100_3125

100_3128

First up, I knew I was going to get myself two things, one of which was either going to be a blush or a lipstick. I already have one MAC lipstick—an Amplified formula in Impassioned—which I love. I also want to try a blush, but none of the colours really stood out to me. This lipstick, however, is just gorgeous.

I swear I was made for Fall; I hate the heat, and I love fall fashion, make-up trends, and Starbucks flavours. This lipstick is a perfect Fall colour, a deep berry-red colour, which probably has a better name. Also, it looks more purple-y in the swatch above, but on my lips it looks like a great dark purple-red. I think it will be a great replacement for red lips, which I feel really uncomfortable in. Considering the colour, comfort of MAC lipsticks, and the wonderful chocolatey smell, I can see myself wearing this a lot, especially as it starts to get a little colder!

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle:

100_3129

100_3131

100_3133

100_3135

100_3137

I’ve seen a lot about this highlight on YouTube, especially from Karissa (SaturdayNightsAlrite), along with others. Also, I didn’t have a highlighter. I checked out a bunch recently, and I fell in love with this. It looks a little dark in the pan, and insanely shimmery swatched on my hand, but it looks fantastic sheered out on the cheekbones, and would probably also make a great highlight on the inner corners of the eyes, or even worn as a soft, shimmery shadow on the lids. I’m definitely looking forward to getting to play around with this product!

And that’s all for the moment. Let me know what you think of the products I got, and also, tell me what some of your favourite MAC products are! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...