Hello again! Over the past couple of weeks I’ve picked up a bunch of stuff that I’ve been wanting to try or needing to replace, and a couple extra things. Most of the following is cosmetic related, but I’m also going to show you a few other things:
Random food/snack purchases:
- Vanilla sprinkle Dunkaroos: I hadn’t had these in years, and they were less than $4, so bought them on an impulse.
- Mint green tea hard candies: I wasn’t completely sure what I was buying when I got these (since all the writing is in Japanese), and I didn’t realise they’re mint as well, but they’re still good.
- Dragon Pearl jasmine green tea: this tea is super expensive, which why I only got a small sample bag. It’s really good, but, to be honest, I don’t think its all that much better than other Jasmine green teas, like from David’s Tea or Stash, which are much cheaper!
- Agave nectar: They use this sweetener a lot when you get a hot tea or tea latte at David’s Tea, and it gives a completely different flavour to sugar, so I got myself a bottle for at home.
- Greek yogurt: Everyone is always talking about this stuff, so I finally had to try it. I actually bought three different brands, to try and find the best one, and the one pictured, which is Liberte in coconut flavour was really good, and bits of coconut in it as well. I really disliked the Krema branded one. The first one I had, which was a honey flavoured was probably my favourite, but I can’t remember the brand off the top of my head…
Other random purchases:
I got these super soft sweatpants from Bluenotes for $5. The colourful pens are smelly pens from a Japanese dollar store near Chinatown, and the black one is just a liquid ink fineliner from a dollar store.
These pretty earrings I found in a little store in Chinatown. They were 40% off, and less than $7. They have sterling silver posts and the stones are Tiger Eye. I really love them, and the way they shine in the light!
Rexall Vitamin E Nail Polish Remover with Conditioners:
Just your regular everyday nail polish remover. I was completely out and this was only about $1.50 at Rexall.
Clean & Clear Invisible Blemish Treatment:
I have Clinique acne gel somewhere, but it’s been lost for a while. I don’t like to use my concealer spot treatment at night, so I finally got myself a new bottle. I picked this one because it was the cheapest one at my Shoppers that had 2% Salicylic Acid, which works best on my zits.
Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water:
Unless I’m very much mistaken, this is basically a combination of toner, cleanser, and makeup remover (hence Triple action). You just swipe it on with a cotton pad or ball, and it takes off all your makeup, even waterproof mascara with minimal rubbing. There’s a larger size which is much more cost effective, but I wasn’t sure I’d like this product, so I got this one.
Though I’ve never tried it, I think this is basically Sephora’s version of the Bioderma cleanser. So far, I’m really liking it. It leaves my skin feeling clean, without the dryness of my usual toner. I also like the convenient pump-top on the bottle.
Maybelline Turbo Express Volume mascara:
If you remember from past posts, this is my favourite mascara, and has been for a while. The formula and the brush just agree with my eyelashes so much more than other mascaras for some reason. So when I found this one sale for $5 at London Drugs, I had to pick it up, partly out of fear that they’re discontinuing this particular mascara.
Nyx Lipstick in Fig:
I picked this up partly because I wanted to try a Nyx lipstick and I’m pretty into lip stuff lately, for some reason. This is basically a my-lips-but-better type of colour, maybe a bit more bubblegum than the average lip. It’s creamy and shiny, but without any sparkle. I wanted to get one of their matte lipsticks, but they didn’t have any colours that suited me. I’m liking this lipstick so far, but I find it can be hard to make it go on un-streaky sometimes.
OPI polish in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service:
You may already know (or be able to guess) that this colour is from OPI’s Skyfall collection. I fell in love with this colour, and thought about it for a week before finally caving and picking it up. It’s got this beautiful blue-grey base with a crazy amount of silver, blue, and a bit of purple sparkle! It’s so gorgeous in natural light! The swatch above is two coats; I’ve taken to wearing two coats of it over a blue or grey polish to add some more opacity.
OCC Lip Tar in NSFW:
Above: dotted onto my hand; Below: blended out.
I had to pick this up with all the raving about it on Reddit, as well as a couple vlogs. It’s a super pigmented liquid lipstick, which is also very long lasting, and a little bit staining. As you can see from the swatches above, a little goes a long way, and this colour blends down almost to a bright pink, or you can build it up a bit more for a pure red lip.
I haven’t worn this for a full day yet, but I have tried it on. It’s fairly easy to spread and work with, and it feels pretty good on the lips, with a little bit of a minty scent to it. As you can see in one of the other pictures above, I got the colour NSFW. My Sephora only had this colour and Anime (a neon pink) left when I went, so I chose this, which I thought would be more wearable.
And that’s everything for now! I do have some more stuff to show you, which I got after starting this post, but that will come eventually. I’ve decided that when I get to 50 followers, I’ll start my giveaway… I’ve even started buying the prizes.
Anyways, let me know if you’ve tried any of these products and what your thoughts were. I love getting your comments!