Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Collective Mini-Haul

Hello again! It’s been more than 2 weeks since my update post, so it’s about time I got back into this. I thought it would be good to start off with an itty-bitty collective haul for you, so here are just a couple of things I’ve acquired over the past couple of weeks.

1.Nicole by OPI Nic’s Sticks in “Rainbow’s End,” “Don’t Leaf Yet,” and “Stick With Me”:

IMG_0262

I think these are a pretty old product since the majority of the results when I googled them I got several reviews from 2011 and 2012, and nothing newer, so they probably aren’t available in stores. That said, however, I don’t think that’s much of a loss, as these are pretty terrible. I got these, along with the next product from a girl that David works with since she never uses them, and I can see why! The idea seems to be that these are portable and convenient, but I just found them awkward and frustrating. The top of the pen clicks to release product into the brush, which you then brush onto your nails, but it’s very inconsistent, hard to control, and watery! The picture below is two coats of each colour on my nails, since I had no intention of wasting space on a nail wheel for these. (Which is  a little unfortunate, as that gold is a really pretty gold holographic, but it’s so impossible to use!)

IMG_0270

2. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails polish in “Peony”:

IMG_0260

As I mentioned above, I got this polish from the same girl as the Nic Sticks. This, however, is a full bottle of this gorgeous shimmery pink polish that goes on beautifully in two coats (see the swatch below). I will get plenty of use out of this!

IMG_0286

3. Tresemme Split Remedy Split-End Leave-In Conditioning Spray:

IMG_0288

I was looking for a new leave in treatment since my Argan Oil is almost gone, and this was on sale at Shoppers Drugmart for only $4 for this big bottle, so I decided to try it out. It’s not your usual leave-in spray, since the formula is thicker and creamier. I actually thought it just looked like conditioner in the bottle, but it sprays out fairly evenly, and you’re meant to use it on damp or towel dried hair anways, so it spreads through your ends fairly easily. I’ve only used it once so far, but I definitely like the smell and it did seem to do good things for my hair’s softness and shininess!

4. Urban Decay Naked 3 palette:

2014-01-27 17.56.54

2014-01-27 17.57.43

I want to do a more in-depth review post on this palette later on—even though I’m pretty sure most of you have read and seen tons of other reviews already—so I won’t go too much into my thoughts on this palette just yet, but I wanted to show it to you so you would know that that review is coming! I’m so glad I finally have it, though; I’ve been drooling over these colours ever since I got to swatch these shadows in-store a couple weeks ago. So that review post should be up sometime in the next week or so, once I’ve had a chance to use more of the shadows.

***

Also! I would like to start doing more reviews of individual products, so if there was anything you’ve seen in a previous post you want more of my thoughts on, make sure to leave your suggestion in the comments!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...