Saturday, January 4, 2014

My 2013 Favourites Round-Up

Hello all, and welcome to 2014! I hope everyone had a great New Years Eve and is off to a good start to the year. Similar to what I did last year, instead of a December favourites post, I’m going to do a bit of a round-up of all of my absolute favourite products. This year, however, I’m going to do it with a little more organization, and sort all my favourites into sections.
Skincare
IMG_0189
1) Face wash – St. Ives Apricot Cleanser
2) Facial scrub – St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
3) Toner – Clinique Clarifying Lotion for Dry/Combo Skin (last reviewed in my August favourites and my Mini Clinique Skincare Haul)
4) Moisturizer – Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel for Oily/Combo Skin (last reviewed in my Mini Clinique Skincare Haul)
5) Makeup remover – Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes, and Lips
Face Makeup
IMG_0199
1) Foundation – Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in N115 (last reviewed in my August 2013 favourites)
2) Powder – Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (last reviewed in my April 2013 favourites)
3) Concealer – Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in Fair
4) Blush – Benefit Coralista (last reviewed in my September 2012 favourites)
5) Bronzer – Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil (last reviewed in my August favourites)
6) Highlight – MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle (last reviewed in my September 2013 favourites)
Eyes
IMG_0205
1) Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion
2) Single shadow – Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze (last reviewed in my August favourites)
3) Palette – Urban Decay Naked (properly reviewed in my Naked Palette post Feb 2012, and also included in last year’s December favourites)
4) Liner pencil – Urban Decay 24/7 Liner Pencil Zero (last reviewed in last year’s December favourites)
5) Liquid/Gel/Cream liner – Wet’n’Wild h20 Liquid Liner in Black (last reviewed in my February 2013 Favourites)
6) Mascara – Maybelline Turbo Volum’Express Waterproof in Very Black (discontinued, will likely need to find a new favourite soon.) ((last reviewed in last year’s December favourites)
7) Brow product – NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Taupe
Lips
IMG_0207
1) Lipbalm – Kiehl’s Lip Balm
2) Lipsticks:
a) Neutral/natural – Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey
b) Bright – MAC Amplified Lipstick in St. Germain (last reviewed in my Collective Haul Nov 27)
c) Dark – MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Hang-Up (last reviewed in my September 2013 favourites)
Scent
IMG_0213
1) Perfume – Chloe Eau de Parfum (last reviewed in my November 2013 favourites)
2) Body wash – The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel (last reviewed in my Oct/Nov Empties)
3) Lotion – Ahava Mineral Hand Cream (last reviewed in my Dec 2011 Glymm box post)
Nails
IMG_0228
1) Base coat – Essie Millionails (last reviewed in my July 2013 favourites)
2) Colour – OPI in either Peace&Love&OPI or German-icure (Peace&Love&OPI: Swatches | German-icure: Swatches)
3) Top coat – INM Out the Door quick-dry topcoat (last reviewed in my November 2013 favourites)
4) Tool – Burton Crystal Nail File (last reviewed in last year’s December favourites)
Brushes
IMG_0231
1) Eyes – ELF Studio Contour brush and Essential Smudger brush
2) Face – Real Techniques Buffing Brush and Contour brush
Miscellaneous
1) Candle – Bath and Body Works Marshmallow Fireside (for Fall/Winter; last reviewed in my November 2013 favourites) or Pink Sangria (for Spring/Summer)
2) Drink – Tea, but if I get 2, add coke.
3) Food – Single food: Chicken. Type of food: Asian (Chinese/Japanese)
4) Book – That I read this year: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. My all-time favourites include The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and The Realm of Possibility by David Levithan.
5) Movie – The Devil Wears Prada and the Ironman movies. How’s that for diversity?
6) Show – I love TV shows, even though I didn’t used to at all. How about we narrow it to a top three? Torchwood, Friends, and Game of Thrones.
7) Store – Sephora
8) Blog/YouTube Channel(s) – not that they need more publicity, since they’re both so big already on their own, but my two favourites recently have been Shannon (Shaaanxo) and Karissa (SaturdayNightsAlrite) on YouTube.
***
Let me know if you would life reviews of any of the things I haven’t reviewed before, or more in-depth reviews of anything. And if there are any categories you think I missed, or if you did a similar post/vidoe this year, leave me a comment and let me know! I also want to hear what you agreed or disagreed with from my lost!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...