Saturday, October 3, 2015

REVIEW || Cover Girl Lashblast Volume Mascara

Hello again! I recently got a chance to pick one of Cover Girl's Lashblast mascaras from BzzAgent to review. As you can probably guess from the title, I picked the Volume formula, because big volume is what I like most in my mascaras! There was also the internet-favourite: Clump Crusher (Which I was never a fan of... does everyone still love that one?), Fusion (volume + length), and Full Lash Bloom (the one that supposed to stay soft).

I'm honestly somewhat surprised with how much I have been liking this mascara, partly because Covergirl mascaras have never really gotten along with me, and partly because this is—of course—not a waterproof formula. However, I've been impressed all the same. It goes on beautifully in one coat, but also builds beauteously when you go to add a second coat. It does volumize my lashes, as well as lengthen them (probably because my blonde, thin lashes are longer than they appear without makeup on, see pictures below >_<).

Also, the brush is great. It's a lot like the brush on the Maybelline Rocket Volume Express mascara, which you may remember is a favourite of mine, so that's a big selling feature as well.The brush is one of the rubber ones, with stubby, spiky, soft rubber bristles, which help to make sure the lashes stay defined without clumping.

Below are pictures of my lashes with one coat of the Lashblast, two coats of Lashblast, and also, to compare, two coats of Maybelline Rocket Volume Express:

Above: Cover Girl Lashblast Volume, 1 coat.
Below: Lashblast Volume, 2 coats.

Below: Maybelline Rocket Volume Express Waterproof, 2 coats.

I will point out that the Lashblast bottle is fresh and new, whereas the Maybelline is on its last legs, which is part of why it looks so much thicker, but I do think that these pictures are fairly representative. It is possible, however, that the Lashblast will get thicker, like the Maybelline, with time as it dries out a little. Still, I think they're fairly comparable, just going by how they look. The Maybelline can clump a little easier, I think, though I don't mind too much. I like when my lashes look a little heavy.

I wish I could compare them both for their staying power and wearability, but for now, I'll say they're both good mascaras, and unless one or the other disagrees with you, I'd suggest picking up whichever is on sale when you're looking for a new mascara!

Thanks for reading!

This product was sent to me to review. As always, this does not affect my review. All opinions on this blog are honest and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...