Monday, January 25, 2016

REVIEW || Vichy Aqualia Thermal Extrasensitive Moisturizer

This review has taken me a long time to get around to writing. I'm not even sure why, but I kept putting it off. However, because of this, I've had a long time testing out this moisturizer, so I feel pretty confident sharing my thoughts with you!

Before I get into it, I do want to let you know that I was sent this product to test and review, but all opinions shared in this post are completely my own.

So, the Vichy Aqualia THermal Extrasensitive moisturizer—aside from having a mouthful of a name—is sold as being soothing, ultra-calming, long-lasting hydration for sensitive and very dry skin. If you've been around here a while, you may recall I do not have very dry skin. Generally, I'd say my skin is combination, as I do get oily in some areas. That said, I have had some pretty dry patches over the past couple months, so I guess this isn't completely wrong for my skin. Either way, I've been loving it!

This moisturizer is packed with Vitamin B3, which is meant to be soothing, as well as Vichy Thermal Spa Water, which they claim is "recognized for it's fortifying and calming properties." That sounds like a weird claim, and I've never heard of it, but that doesn't inherently mean they're wrong... They claim lots of tests have been done proving the efficacy of this moisturizer.

So yeah, they sell it hard... which of course meant that I went into trying out this product realllly skeptically... I didn't expect it to be anything really special! And to be honest, I'm not sure it is super special. Maybe I don't have enough redness or dry enough skin to really reap all the potential benefits of this products. But I did like it, as I said.

I found it was very comfortable on the skin. I didn't find it too heavy or too light. I think it's a good winter moisturizer, though I don't think my summer skin will be able to handle something like this. That said, it is non-greasy, and feels somewhat cooling on the skin, but not in a minty-tingly way. So don't worry about that. I don't think a product for sensitive skin would ever add a minty tingle...

If you do have a sensitivity to scent, I should let you know this does have a light, fresh scent. It's not really perfume-y, but there is a definitely scent to it. It doesn't bother me at all, and some scented products certainly do. I actually find it really nice and comforting, myself.

Also, this product is preservative-free, paraben-free, alcohol-free, and colourant-free. So like all that bad stuff isn't in here. Which is good. Also, they say on the bottle that the light fragrance is is "Allergy-tested," thought I'm not entirely sure what that is supposed to promise.

The bottle is meant to be air-tight to preserve purity and minimize contamination. Also, this information was not on the bottle, but was included in the information that was emailed to me by the PR company, but the moisturizer also contains hyaluronic acid (which is great for helping to moisturize skin), and shea butter, which everyone knows is great for hydration!

So yeah, I think those are all my thoughts about this product. I hope that you found this post helpful in some way.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...