Thursday, October 27, 2016

30-Day Lipstick Challenge || Update #3 || Third Week

And I'm back with another week of lipsticks! If you haven't been following along up until now, I've been wearing a different lipstick from my collection everyday since October 3, posting on my instagram, and sharing my mini reviews on each lipstick at the end of the week!

If you haven't seen them yet, don't forget to check out what lipsticks I wore in the last week (#11-16) and the week before (#1-10)!

Anyways, on to the lipsticks!

17. MAC Lipstick in Saint Germain

As I said in the description for this picture: "An incredibly bright, neon baby/Barbie pink. So weird, and so hard to photograph. It's not been a favourite in recent months, but it's so unique I'm still glad I have it." This colour is pretty ridiculous, and you really need to tone down any other makeup surrounding it, because it's so loud, but it can be fun, especially in the summer. As an amplified formula lipstick, the lasting power is pretty excellent for a regular lipstick, and as all MAC lipsticks do, it smells amazing.

18.Urban Decay Revolutions lipstick in F-Bomb

I know the Revolutions lipsticks aren't really a thing anymore, but I still have them and want to wear them. This one is a mini I think I got as a point perk from Sephora, and it's a simple, true red colour, with a surprising amount of shine, considering the opacity and lasting power on this lipstick! I don't know why in the world they reformulated, since these lipsticks were so great and so comfortable... Oh well.

19. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Addis Ababa

I've already told you how much I love this formula (last week, I think), and this was my introduction to the range. This is a great, slightly blue-toned pink, lasts forever, and it's definitely a go-to lipstick for me! If you've never tried these lippies, you really should get one and give it a go!

20. Too Faced Melted Liquefied Lipstick in Melted Jelly Donut

Another great formula! I own 4 of these lipsticks, but Jelly Donut was my first full-size, the other three were minis either from points or sets, but I love this formula and wanted to finally give Too Faced some money for it! These go on fairly opaque and pretty glossy, but dry down over the next little while to a really great matte finish. Long-lasting, not drying, and really end up feeling like nothing on your lips... I constantly forget I'm wearing lipstick when I wear these. This shade is a gorgeous, somewhat muted bright pink, if that makes sense. Melted Fuchsia is a neon bright pink, but Jelly Donut has a bit more deepness, and maybe a bit more blue. I think it would be a beautiful, wearable colour on most people, even those usually uncomfortable in a bold lip.

21. NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick in Cruella

This was from the lip pencil duo offered as the (I think) 2015 Sephora Beauty Insider birthday gift. It's a deep, matte, pigmented, opaque red shade and it's absolutely gorgeous. The lipstick itself feels a tiny bit heavy, but it lasts well, and the shade is beautiful. There's a touch of a rust-tone to it, which makes it pretty unique (at least in my collection) and blood-like.

22. NYX Liquid Suede lipstick in Cherry Skies

Another lipstick I would call blood-red, but this one is much deeper and darker than Nars Cruella. Where Cruella is more the colour of fresh blood, Cherry Skies is a dark, dry blood-red. Or the colour of a cherry stain! It does have a touch of that purple tone of cherry juice, especially if sheered out or smudged, but the full-impact colour is deep, vampy red. And I love it. I'm so glad I purchased this at IMATS because it is one of my favourite colours from the Liquid Suede line!

23. Smashbox lipstick in Magenta Matte

Finally, we have Smashbox Magenta Matte. I got this lipstick—full-seized!—in last year's Give Me More Lip set (which doesn't look like will be out again this year?). These Smashbox matte lipsticks are so so comfortable! They feel thin and silky on the lips, instead of chalky or drying, and they can easily be worn sheerly or built up to opacity. I also love this colour, somewhat similar to Candy Yum-Yum, which is another bright, blue-based pink, but a bit paler, and probably a bit less neon. I love it, and it really has put the Smashbox lipstick formula on my radar (well, this and Punked Matte, but that will be coming in next week's post!).

***

So that's all for this week's lipstick round-up, only 7 more lipsticks to go until I'm done! I hope you haven't minded some of the lipsticks being shown against my bare skin, but I just don't wear full makeup everyday, and I won't do a full-face of foundation just for a lipstick picture! Also, any editing I've done to these picture on IG has been to try to more accurately show the colour, in cases of weird or poor lighting conditions.

I hope you've been enjoying this challenge! Let me know what some of your lipsticks were, or if I've inspired you to try out any of the ones I've featured so far. xD

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...