Tuesday, November 1, 2016

30-Day Lipstick Challenge || Update #4 ||The Final Week

I successfully finished the challenge, and I'm back to show you the final week's worth of lipsticks and share my reviews! If you haven't been keeping up with this challenge either here or on Instagram, you might want to check out the first 3 posts to see the other lipsticks I included in this challenge:

  1. Week 1 — Lipsticks 1-10
  2. Week 2 — Lipsticks 11-16
  3. Week 3 — Lipsticks 17-23

And don't forget to follow me on Instagram!

But now, let's get into the lipsticks!

24. Revlon Ultra HD Liquid Lipstick in HD Obsession

This lipstick is pretty good, but I don't think I'd recommend it over many others I own. The colour is great, but not unique (it is one of my favourite tones, and you probably have noticed I have several in a very similar shade!). It smells really nice, but while I like a good smelling lipstick, that's never going to be enough to make me pick it. The formula is nice, but it stays smudge-y like a regular lipstick, and doesn't seem to dry even as much as the NYX Liquid Suedes on me, and never fully achieves a matte finish. But I mean, its nice and I'll keep wearing it. *shrugs*

25. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw

Something about my lighting in this picture makes it look like it leans a little more pink than it looks in real life, though I do think it has a bit of a blue base to it. It's a gorgeous bright red that I think looks fantastic against my fair skin, but would also work on a range of other skin tones. The KVD Liquid lipsticks are phenomenal, as well (hence why the two I own got left until the last week); they dry down completely and feel really weightless. I don't feel like they suck moisture out of my lips, but they are certainly not moisturising! The dry, but non-flaky texture of this lipstick once dried is so good and so long-wearing that I want to buy a ton more shades, and KVD has some great, unique vampy and bright colours to choose from!

26. Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Punked Matte

I LOVE this colour! I hunted it down after it sold out days after I first tired it instore. No Sephoras were restocking it and I was desperate to get my hands on this super unique shade, since I couldn't find anything like it from any other brands at the time either! It's a really neutral gray tone, though it can tend to look a little brown or pink/purple based in some lighting, or if my natural lipshade starts to show through. It can be a little thin and translucent, but can build up to an opaque gray lipstick. The formula, like I described in the Magenta Matte shade, is great, thin, silky, and comfortable, never drying. It smells faintly of vanilla sugar, but not sickly.

27. NYX Liquid Suede lipstick in Brooklyn Thorn

This is another super weird, unique, beautiful shade! I didn't like it much the first time I tried it, since it's a strange brown/gray colour (which my sister recently described as "Olive-y, like the colour of the inside of a Kalamata olive."). But maybe Punked Matte helped to normalize greys for me, because now I love this shade as well. In the pictures they look pretty similar, but I swear this is more brown and warm, and Punked is more neutral muted grey. I had talked at length about how I like the formula of these Liquid Suedes, so I won't go into it too much. Check out the other ones included in this challenge, or my somewhat recent NYX Liquid Suede review and swatch post!

28. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in L.U.V.

This gorgeous bright purple shade is so stunning! I almost once bought this colour twice (in two different brands and formulas) in the same trip to Sephora because I love it so much! The other was Too Faced Melted Violet, which is shockingly similar, but a little less matte and long-lasting, since it takes much longer to dry down. In the end I went with the KVD, and I regret nothing! It's bright, purple, warm, and so pretty. And I already ranted earlier about how much I love the KVD Everlasting Liquid lipstick formula!

29. Colourpop Lippie Stix in Bunny

I know I've featured this lipstick before in reviews, swatches, and costume makeups, but it's so damn pretty and unique! Much of the internet beauty community will agree that the Colourpop lippie stix are fantastic quality, strange and amazing colours, and super affordable, and this colour is no different! I bought it because I loved the swatches, even though I thought I'd never have the courage to wear it out of the house, and promised I'd make it work one day... and I actually have found more uses for it than some may expect! St. Patrick's and Halloween, of course, are the easiest excuses for super shimmery green lips. An usually I wouldn't like such a glittery lipstick, but it just looks so shiny and stunning, almost metallic, and it isn't gritty or rough like many other glitter lipsticks. I would definitely recommend this is you have any reason to wear a green lippie!

30. MAC Satin Lipstick in Cyber

Last, but not least, we have one of MAC's most beautiful vampy lipsticks. Usually I pair this with MAC Nightmoth lipliner, since the Satin formula from MAC has a tendency to feather on my lips, but the colour is still amazing! Deep, but not black toned, it almost has a warm brown undertone. Honestly, if I blend it into my skin, it makes a fairly convincing purple bruise colour, but at full impact on my lips, it looks great and I've got so many compliments on it! Again, same great scent as all the MAC lippies, and being a satin the lasting power could be better, but it is pretty damn opaque and pigmented, and isn't hard to touch up... just make sure to carry a matching or clear lip liner to make sure the edges stay sharp, you don't want this dark purple smudging around your lip line!!

Also, as I said in that pic's description, I'm not sure why, but my camera is seeing way more texture in the colour and on my lips than I could see... It looked fine in person, even though my lips were a little dry, but the camera makes it look sunk into every possible crevice and line in my lips!

***

So that's it! I had a lot of fun doing this challenge, since it made sure that I went through and played with lipsticks I don't necessarily reach for all the time because I have a few favourites I tend to circulate through the majority of the time. That said, i also missed having the ability to wear grey lips every day for a week if I wanted to! =D I would definitely think about doing this again with different lipsticks, maybe in the spring or summer, so let me know if you enjoyed these posts and want to see another round!

Finally, let me know what lipsticks or shades you've been favouring lately!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...