Thursday, April 20, 2017

REVIEW || Pixi Beauty Skincare Products || Revisiting Products in my Pixi PR Haul -- Pt. 2

As promised, I'm back today with the second half of my Pixi Reviews: Skincare!

Again, if you haven't read it yet, don't miss my Pixi PR Haul post, and now also my Pixi Makeup Product Review post!

Before we jump in to the reviews, I feel obligated to once again remind you that I was not paid or even asked to do these reviews, and as always, all opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Now let's look at some products!

Glow Tonic

Personalised Glow Tonic

I'm honestly still not sure how much I love this product. It definitely is a lot nicer and gentler than the average facial toners I've tried in the past, but there are a few down sides, in my opinion. First of all, I don't feel like I have a place for this in my routine anymore. I like to wash my face and follow up with micellar water. I guess this goes in place of that, but I don't feel like it does the same job of making sure all my makeup and face washes are off my skin before moisturizers. It also smells... not great? It's a clean floral scent, as far as I can tell, and it really bothers me about half the time. So yeah... it's pretty good as a toner, so give it a go maybe if you have dry, normal, or combo skin and really want a good toner. It's pretty gentle, I just don't dig the scent.

Hydrating Milky Mist

Hydrating Milky Mist

I love face mists, and this one is no exception. This one has a kind of indistinguishable skincare-y scent, but it doesn't bother me at all. It's soft, refreshing, lightly moisturizing, and also calming. I love using this as the first or last step in my nighttime skincare. Or both...

Vitamin Wake Up Mist

itamin Wakeup Mist

This mist smells even better than the Milky Mist! It's a fresh, bright orange scent, without being fake. It's so refreshing, and I'm such a fan of citrus scents! This one is great as a morning mist because of the awakening scent, after your morning skincare, before makeup, or any time of the day over makeup to refresh and add moisture back into your face.

Nourishing Sleep Mask

Nourishing Sleep Mask

I've been loving this stuff as a nighttime deep moisturizer. It smells herbal and calming, like lavender, bergamot, and all kinds of lovely relaxing scents. It's also very moisturizing without being too heavy or greasy, but it also definitely feels a little thicker and more deep moisturizing than my average moisturizer. It's a good balance.

Peel & Polish

Peel and Polish

This is a very nice, gentle face peel and exfoliator hybrid. You start by letting it sit for a couple minutes to work into your skin, it does sting my sensitive skin very slightly, but nothing painful or unbearable. Then you rub the light grit of the exfoliator into your skin in circles to exfoliate before you rinse it off. I haven't noticed any awesome side effects, but it does leave my face soft, clean, and not feeling sore or tight like other exfoliators can. It also has a nice cucumber-y scent which is refreshing and clean feeling.

***

And that's all for this post! I did skip two of the products I received because I didn't get a good enough chance to test them. I had to toss the 24K Eye Roller at the same time as my mascaras, so I only used it once or twice. And the Rose Oil I haven't used once... partly because I can't use it at home, since my mom is allergic to roses, and second because I can also be sensitive to rose scents, so I never feel inclined to reach for this one. I should probably pass it on, otherwise it will probably just sit around until I throw it out...

Anyways, let me know if you've tried and loved any of these, or any other products from Pixi. I am really liking the brand overall, and I would love to try more from them, so let me know your favourites!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...