Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Glymm Box!!

Wow! Alright, so I had watched so many videos and read so many blog posts about Glymm that I was super excited to get my first box, and I probably would even have been content, and only a little disappointed if my first box hadn’t had any full size samples, however, y first box just came today, and well, I’ve got to say I must have picked the best possible month to start my subscription! I opened up my box to find not one, not two, but three full sized samples!
Now, I’m sure that many, if not all of you, have seen tons of pictures of the outside of Glymm boxes, however, I take too many pictures of everything, especially when I’m excited, so here’s a bunch of pictures for you before I get into any more stuff:
IMAG1768The outside packaging (I was sitting at my bus stop… >_>)
IMAG1769The box! (I’m on my bus now… I am not a patient person…)IMAG1770
IMAG1771Inside, with the pretty ribbon and October note.
IMAG1774Ad for their beauty boutique (and underneath, the cards for advertising Glymm to your friends)
IMAG1773And the products!! Everything looks so pretty!
As you know if you read the little captions under my pictures, I was on the bus when I opened my box, so I didn’t really have much of a chance to play with the products, but I did try out the Principessa Lip Balm, which is one of the full size products and would normally cost $11, according to the card. I absolutely loved it immediately! It smells a little like candy, but its not a gloss like I was expecting from the packaging, its more liquidy, and its super soft and smooth. Also, it made my lips really soft once it had absorbed. I might actually repurchase this if I still love it when I’m done the package!
IMAG1776(At my boyfriend’s house here, hence the change in lighting.)
IMAG1783Sorry for the poor picture quality on some of these, my camera was refusing to focus properly >_<
IMAG1792Just to show you what it looks like on. Just a little shiny, no colour.
IMAG1784I was very amused to realise it was from Vancouver!
The second full size product is a Lise Watier Lip Kiss Crayon Gloss in “Rouge Flamenco”. I’ll probably try this out tomorrow, so I’ll probably post a quick picture and review of that tomorrow night. This product would normally be $18 dollars, so a really nice deal, and a pretty nice colour on me, at least as far as I can tell from the little swatch I did. I also really like the idea of a gloss in pencil form… (Plus, it smells fantastic!):
IMAG1785IMAG1786IMAG1790
My third full size product was an eye shadow from Vasanti, which I’m pretty excited about because everyone seemed so please with their blushes from one of the last boxes. This sample is in “Tokyo,” and is a really nice neutral pink with gold shimmer. Its really silky, and would normally cost $15 dollars. It’s just too bad that there isn’t a store near me that sells it:
IMAG1778IMAG1782IMAG1779IMAG1780
IMAG1781Also, this may be a really tiny detail, but I love that it has a mirror inside.
I have a lot of shadows that don’t.
IMAG1791A little darker on top, and lighter on the bottom, though its harder to tell in the picture; it mostly just looks like a mass of glitter… Its pretty, I swear!
My smaller, but very expensive sample was a little tube of Caudaile Premier Cru Cream, which costs, for a full size of 50 ml costs $150… this sample is 2 mLs, so it’s worth about $6. It doesn’t really have much of a scent, I haven’t tired it out yet (I will be tonight), so I don’t know if I like it, but I will let you know:
IMAG1787
And finally, a little jar of JellyBellys… which seems to be a normal thing for them in every box now, from the reviews that I’ve seen. These were black and orange for Halloween, of course, and I think they were orange and… grape? I’ve already eaten all mine with my boyfriend while I was at his house… xP:
IMAG1788IMAG1789
So, that’s everything! Like I said, I super impressed with this box, and I can’t wait for my next one! This box, which cost $10 plus taxes gave me about $50 worth of products, and that’s ignoring the Jelly Bellys, but they wouldn’t be that much more. My next box won’t actually be that long from now, since I won the contest on YouTube for the September Glymm Box held by everhip03. You should check her out, she’s one of the few beauty bloggers I follow of YouTube =D.
Oh! And there’s also my Luxe Box to come, which I hope will be here by the end of the week!
Did any of you get a Glymm box? Did you get the same stuff? Were you as impressed as I was? Comment and let me know!
Edit: I couldn’t wait, here’s a picture of the Lise Watier Gloss on my lips. I love it!!
IMAG1798
Edit #2: If you’re interested in signing up for Glymm and are also feeling generous and want to give me points for referring you, click here: http://www.glymm.com/share/youwerefantastic95

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...