Wednesday, February 8, 2012

January Favourites!

I somehow managed to forget for this long that it was actually February, and that I need to get on it if I’m planning to do a favourites post for January (which I obviously am)! But I’m here now, so let’s get started.
As I’m sure I’ve mentioned before, my staple favourites don’t change too often, but there’s always one or two things every month. I will point out that this month may be a bit shorter than other months because I had forbidden myself from getting any new products during the month if I wanted to get the Naked palette in February, and I managed to stick to that. That said, here are January’s favourites:
  1. Nars Blush in Orgasm:
    100_0450I got this for Christmas, after wanting it for a good month or two. I was really happy that I didn’t have to spend $30 to try this out, but after using it for a little over a month, I’m completely in love!

    The colour is very pretty and soft, if you don’t use too much, and if you want a more intense look, it’s also quite buildable. It doesn’t even bother me that it’s shimmery, like I thought it might, because its pretty subtle in a thin layer. If you want to see my swatch go here.

  2. Revlon Eyelash Curler:
    100_0455
    While I said I couldn’t by any makeup during January, I figured tools aren’t the same as makeup, and I really needed a new curler, since my old one kept falling apart. The top, aka the part that presses down on your lashes into the rubber pad, kept popping off the arms, and I eventually lost it. I replaced it with this Revlon one, which is supposed to be “super curling” something to that effect. I’m not sure I see that much of a difference between it and my old one, but I do like the black and red/pink colouring, as well as the soft handle grips.

  3. Burt’s Bees Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion:
    100_0458 This is the second of the samples that I got in my January Glymm box, but I’m really in love with this lotion. I’m about 87% sure that I’ll repurchase the full-size of this product sometime in the near future.

    If you missed my description from my Glymm post, this lotion is very moisturizing, and has a soft, sweet smell, not too strong, like a lot of my other favourite lotions, so it’s nice to have as a change. It’s also made almost entirely from natural ingredients, which is nice, if not all that important to me.

  4. Jason Vitamin E Age Renewal Moisturizing Crème:
    100_0459
    This cream, which I don’t use for anti-aging effects, is super moisturizing and very soothing. Its great for very dry skin, and I’ve also used it on my lips for extra hydration, since they tend to get extremely chapped when I’m sick, which I was for a large part of January… which brings me to my next favourite for the month…

    (A couple non-cosmetic related favourites:)

  5. Vitamin C and Buckley’s Complete Liquid Gels:
    100_0462
    When I’m sick, I tend to load myself up on Vitamin C supplements whenever I take my other medicine, just for a boost. Also, these Buckley’s pills are fantastic! They are probably the best cold medication I’ve found, as they do almost everything. Plus, since they are in pill form, rather than liquid form, they don’t taste like anything!

  6. Nongshim Bowl Noodle Soup in Kimchi:
    100_0466
    I am so addicted to these it’s insane. At least I chose something cheap to be addicted to, though! These are only about 90 cents, as long as I buy them from a supermarket, preferably an Asian supermarket, which there are plenty of in my area. These are really spicy, and soooooo good, but also so bad for you! They are full of empty calories, and pretty much nothing good for you. But since when are addictions healthy?

  7. Hunger Games:

    tumblr_lt18cmDTz51qf9n62o1_500

    My final favourite for this month is Suzanne Collins’s book “The Hunger Games,” and I am currently waiting on either my holds at the library, or my order to come in. The covers shown above are the ones that I ordered from abebooks.com, and are the Adult British softcover versions. I like them even more than the American covers, and way more than the children/teen British versions. They’re shipping (for free!) from the UK, so it will probably be 2 weeks before they get here. I’m so excited to read the second two books, and also to see the movie when it comes out in March. I’m really glad my little sister forced me to read this series!
So, what were your favourites last month? Any comments on any of my picks? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...