Thursday, July 5, 2012

June Favourites!

Hello again, my lovely readers! Like last month, this favourites post is a little bit limited by the fact that I can’t spend money right now, as I’m saving up for PAX at the end of August, however, I did have some favourites for June nonetheless.

  1. Carmex Cherry Lip Balm pot:

    100_1236

    100_1237

    I'm not a massive fan of the smell (kind of like Sucrets or cherry flavoured cough syrup), and it tingles/burns slightly when you put it on, but it is insanely moisturizing. I was sick for about a week around the beginning of the month which caused my lips to be extremely dry and cracked. However, this product was basically the saviour of my lips; whereas other lip balms would soften them while they were on, once the Carmex wore off, my lips were left much more moisturized and softened!
  2. Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch:

    100_1240

    This has SPF 20, an is completely amazing! It smells like juice, its soft and lovely, and it has a gorgeous, bright/soft pink colour! I think I might like this even better than the Revlon Lip butters, because it feels softer and more moisturizing, and I’m not too interested in pigmentation. Also, did I mention it smells like juice!?
  3. Braun Silk Epil 2-in-1 Electronic Epilator and Shaver:

    100_1233

    I’m honestly not sure which section this should be in, but I do use it to make my legs pretty and smooth, so I think it works here.

    I hate having to shave my legs every day, but since it’s summer, having smooth, hair-free legs is pretty important for all those shorts and skirts you want to wear! I absolutely love my epilator, even though it can be a bit of work convincing myself that I want to endure the pain for the results. I can go probably 2 weeks or so without having to redo, but I like to go over my legs again about every week, so that it isn’t as painful as the first time, since I’m catching the hairs as they grow. This is great, because not only does the hair take so much longer to grow back because you’re ripping it out from the root, but it also grows back so much thinner and softer, so that, if you have pale hair like I do, you can push it a little longer between removals because you just can’t see the hair!

    I understand that not everyone could do this, but I also use the epilator on my armpits, because for some reason, it actually doesn’t hurt me that much, and again, it lasts so much longer than shaving! This particular epilator is nice, as well, because of the shaver attachment, for any areas that you just can’t convince yourself to rip the hair out of, for example: the bikini area!
  4. Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo and Conditioner:

    100_1239

    I picked this up a while ago on sale at Shoppers for a change, because I like to periodically switch up my shampoos since, for some reason, it seems like my hair tends to get used to shampoos after a while, and they stop being as effective. I was using Pantene Pro-V Ice Shine, which was great, and left my hair very clean and shiny, but I thought this would be great for my hair, which I usually let get very long, though I have recently chopped it to just below my shoulders…

    I really love the scent of this product; the bottle suggests that it is “a fusion of red raspberries and Brazilian silk”, and it definitely smells a bit like berries, but every once in a while it smells almost peppery. My boyfriend also really likes the smell. Besides that, this pair leaves my hair incredibly soft, and I feel like it might actually have strengthened my hair. That is, of course, the main claim of this formula, since it is formulated to long hair, but I don’t usually believe what the bottle claims. This time, however, I think the product has proven my disbelief incorrect. I’m already half way through these bottles, but I will definitely repurchase this product again!

Non-cosmetic favourites:

  1. Starbucks Iced Coffee with Milk:
    I've been drinking these pretty steady for the past couple of months, partly because they are delicious and cheap, while still getting me stars for my Gold card. However, ever since I reminded myself that my Gold card is also good for getting free refills on both hot and iced coffee, I've been getting these even more often! They are just so simple and refreshing, and I'm pretty sure there's still less calories in a grande iced coffee with milk than there is in a large coke, which is probably what I'd be buying otherwise, since McDonald's has their one dollar pops on again for summer. (I just checked, and a large Coke is 320 calories, whereas a grande ICM is only 150, so less than half the calories! Also, according to Starbucks' site, it also has not only calcium, but a little bit of protein, and vitamin A, none of which are in coke.)
  2. Booster Juice:


    (I apologize for the very bad, nineties looking photo)

    I’ve had a surprising number of these this month, considering how pricey they are! They’re usually about 6 dollars after taxes for a regular sized one (snack size is cheaper), but they are so good! Luckily for me, I haven’t been buying these for myself, instead my boyfriend has simply been really generous this month with his money, since I’m not spending much, if anything, on myself.

    At least one of the ones I had this month was a Terminator, which is basically super orange flavour with tons of vitamin C and echinacea and such. The other two were just for tastiness, I had one Strawberry Sunshine, and one Raspberry Rapture. I’ve never had one I didn’t like, but I would point out that if you don’t like soy, don’t get the Funky Monkey, because it tastes funny (to me, anyways. My boyfriend loves them!). Also, if you sign up for their newsletter, you get an email around your birthday for a free one, in case you want to try them out without paying for it!
    (Link: http://www.boosterjuice.com, just click on the Nation tab to sign up)

What were your favourite products last month? Let me know in the comments, and make sure to vote in the poll on the side bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...