Sunday, September 9, 2012

Seattle/PAX Haul and Free Swag (Extremely photo-heavy)

I apologize in advance for how packed with images this post is, but I bought and acquired a lot of stuff on this trip that I want to share with you guys!

Day 1: Bellis Fair Mall

100_1476

As you can see above, I went to Victoria’s Secret (this is all you’re going to see of those purchases, sorry), Torrid, and Hot Topic. I also bought stuff at Target, Wet Seal, and looked around Kohls.

100_1487

Above is my Target haul. I was pretty excited about this because the prices were pretty awesome, and they had a fair bit of stuff I wanted. Unfortunately, they only have 3 kinds of ELF Studio brushes, and only one ELF setting powder left, which had already been opened. They also only had 2 colours of the Revlon Lip Balm Stains left, one orange, and one a dark dark red. However, I did pick up:

  • ELF Studio Powder Brush = $3
  • ELF Studio Contour Shadow Brush = $3 (yay for ELF stuff without the Canadian shipping charges!)
  • Out the Door topcoat = $4.99 (to compare it to Seche)
  • Revlon polish in “Posh” = $3.99
  • Maybelline Falsies Waterproof in Black Drama = $5.94 (way cheaper than Canada)

Below is the only thing I purchased from Hot Topic, and proof that I am an awesome sister. My younger sister is obsessed with One Direction, so I bought her this shirt. I was really disappointed that I didn’t find anything I wanted there, though. I wish Bellis Fair’s Hot Topic was bigger. (Shirt = $20.50)

100_1488

100_1489

Above are my Wet Seal purchases. The shirts were on Buy on Get one for a Penny. The pink sequin tank top was $13.99, so both cost me only $14.00! The second shirt would have been another $12.99 without the special. The glasses were only $3.00, but I’m wishing I’d tried them out longer before buying, because they are too light to stay put, which is really annoying.

Below are the jeans that I bought from Torrid. They were on clearance, for 30% off the lowest tag price. Originally, these were $60 jeans, but I got them for $21! They are super soft, and very stretchy, so they are also really comfortable and body hugging. Love! If there had been more styles or colours on sale, I probably would have bought a few pairs.

100_1491

Day 2: PAX Swag

Aside from food, I didn’t buy much the first day of PAX itself. However, here s a look at all the free stuff I got!

100_1492Click to view larger

And here are some close-ups:

100_1493

Above: a Magic the Gathering colouring book and crayons, coupons, game codes, a lollipop, and part of one of those papercraft type characters. And my PAX badge.

Below: More game codes, a free adorable game poster from SpryFox, the PAX guide, a Batman comic, Nintendo Power magazine, and the actually really pretty Magic the Gathering bag.

100_1494

A close-up of the terribly designed (read: ugly) PAX guide book:

100_1495

A close-up of my Magic bag!:

100_1496

The ugly but extremely useful World of Tanks bag. I got this at the beginning of the day. It was great for packing stuff around because the straps were long enough to carry it like a purse, and it was massive and sturdy!

100_1497

As for my purchases, I mainly bought food to bring back, that I can’t get in Canada:

The cherry Coke I’m just obsessed with. The cream soda is like drinking vanilla flavoured happiness, and chocolate bar is one of two American chocolate bars I’ve never tried. I also got a 100 Grand, which I ate before I got to take the picture. The chocolate chip cookie dough Pop Tarts are an obsession which started last year at PAX, when I originally discovered these. I would be immensely happy if these were available in Canada =P:

100_1528

I forgot to keep the receipts, but the Cherry coke was $3.99 a box (and I got a second box for my family), the pop  tarts were less than 4, the cream soda was about 1.50 (this is my second bottle), and the chocolate bars were 2 for $1.

I did make one other purchase, since there is a Walgreens on the walk back to our hotel from PAX. I was pretty disappointed with the size of their makeup section, however, since I know a few bloggers and vloggers who buy a lot of their makeup at Walgreens. They had 4 colours of the Lip Balm Stains, but only one that really appealed. I had been hoping for a more neutral colour, but I got Sweetheart, which is a gorgeous bright pink:

100_1498

100_1499

100_1500

100_1502

100_1505

100_1506

I really like these. They have a not-too-sweet minty smell and tingle, are fairly moisturizing, and the colour lasts pretty well. I don’t remember how much this one cost because I lost the receipt, but I think it was around 9 dollars.

Day 3: More PAX Swag, and a purchase

I didn’t get nearly as much the second day. Partly because I’d got a lot of it first day, and partly because my boyfriend and I waited in line to actually play Phantasy Star Online 2, which took longer than just wandering around. I don’t really regret going for only 2 days, because I feel like I saw everything I wanted to see, except for Hank Green’s performance during Wil Wheaton’s panel on Sunday… which I couldn’t have gone to without a Sunday pass… x_x . Anyways here’s what I got:

100_1511

100_1512

Above: a Phantasy Star mouse pad, more game ads and codes, another deck of Magic cards, another Magic colouring book and box of crayons, a cute pin, a unicorn pin, and a DC Universe lanyard.

Below: the T shirt I bought as souvenir of this year’s PAX. Instead of a PAX 2012 shirt, which looks almost identical to my last year’s PAX 2011 shirt, I got this awesome Department of Defence Against the Dark Arts shirt for $20!

100_1513

And, although this wasn’t a purchase, this was definitely one of—if not the number one—coolest things that happened to me. First, we met Hank Green (one of the vlogbrothers, as mentioned above) on the escalator into PAX. We only got to see him for about 10 seconds, and he was in a different escalator, so I couldn’t get a picture, but it was very cool. Second day, though, we found him on the 6th floor:

100_1510

This is a terrible picture of me, but I guess I can be okay with that. I may have been too happy and excited, but yes =D

Day 4: Northgate Mall

We started the last day by going to Sephora (we’d gone before, but they’d been out of the blush and setting spray I wanted), where I picked up the Benefit Coralista blush. Then we headed to Pike Place Market, and went to the original Starbucks location, however, I neglected to take a picture of my vanilla coffee Frappuccino, and I didn’t buy any of the merchandise, because $10 for a mug seems wrong to me. Anyways, we ended up having some extra time to kill before dinner, so we headed to Northgate Mall, where I’d noticed they had an Ulta on the drive past on the first day. Yes, I finally got to go to Ulta!

100_1514

  • Coralista Blush (from Sephora) = $28
  • All Nighter Spray = $29
  • Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain in Honey = $8.99

100_1515

100_1516

The brush that is included is actually really nice and soft, but possibly an awkward shape for putting on blush. I’ll probably not end up using it, but I’ll keep it.

100_1517

100_1519

As mentioned above, I got another Revlon Balm Stain at Ulta. I was a little upset that I had bought the bright one when I got to Ulta, but I hadn’t known that I would get to go, so I guess I shouldn’t worry about it. What was really disappointing was that I was running out of money by this point, and though they had two colours that I really wanted, and they were on buy one get one half price, I couldn’t take advantage of that discount! So I decided on this one. I can’t remember the name of the other colour, but it was slightly darker than this one and a little bit more purple. At least it was proven that I needed that extra $4.50 for dinner, since I spent every last penny of my American money on dinner that night at Olive Garden!

100_1520

100_1521

100_1522

100_1523

100_1524

I was a little disappointed about getting the All Nighter spray at Ulta rather than Sephora at first, since I wouldn’t get my points for the purchase. However, my boyfriend had promised he’d buy it for me, and I didn’t want to make him spend $6 more to get it in Canada just so I could get points, and I was also just kinda happy to finally find it! Also, I was way less unhappy when my friend pointed out that since I was spending more than $25 on Urban Decay products, I would also get a small tube of Primer Potion!

100_1525

100_1526

100_1527

Since this is such a long post already, I’m not going to go into reviews on any of the makeup I got, but I will post something about at least some of the products after I use them a bit. So if there is anything here you want me to talk more about, make sure you let me know in the comments! I hope you all had a fun long weekend and are enjoying your first week back at school!

4 comments:

  1. Can't decide if I'm more jealous of all of your purchases or the meeting of Hank Green...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was you, I'd be more jealous of meeting Hank Green, since you can't buy that! :P

      If it makes you feel better, I only met him long enough to ask for a picture and to get a hug. I didn't get to hang out with him, as awesome as that would have been!

      Delete
  2. omg! i need to get sweetheart!!! so pretty!

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it. I was hesitant about it after I first tried it, because its so bright, but its easier to wear than a regular lipstick because of the stain!

      Delete

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...