Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tiny Haul

Just a reminder that voting is open on the NailPolishCanada contest until Dec. 12th, so if you haven’t voted yet, please do! Thanks!

This haul is just some pretty basic essential products (as much as makeup can be essential, but you get my point).

Here’s an overview:

100_1825_thumb

Baby Ruth Chocolate bar:

100_1827_thumb

First of all, this was kind of an impulse buy by my boyfriend in Dollarama on my behalf. We were in line to buy the cotton pads, and I noticed this in the candy display. I thought these were only American. I don’t know if they imported it, or if this is a new thing for Canada, or what… but I tried these while in Seattle and kinda fell in love.

Renpure Originals Argan Oil:

100_1828_thumb

As I mentioned in my last favourites post, I’m in the process of growing out my hair, which my boyfriend is totally in approval of, so when I mentioned that it would be helpful if I had a hair oil or treatment of some kind, he decided he had to buy me one. This was one of the cheapest, purest things at London Drugs. It’s a pretty good size, especially since you use so little at one time.

Also, it’s organic, and has very few ingredients, as well as having “No sodium chloride, salt, dyes, sulfates, parabens, or gluten.” Now, I’m not sure what’s so bad about gluten (if you do know, tell me in the comments!), other than that, it sounds like it only has good stuff for my hair in it. And so far it’s been working wonders! Plus it smells great!

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Natural:

100_1829_thumb

100_1831_thumb

I’m back to my old favourite (and seemingly a favourite of much of the blogging/YouTube community!). However this time I’m trying out a different colour. I used to use Transparent, (or is it translucent?) and this time it was between that and Natural, which both looked about the same, but this was more pinky and the other more yellow. I’m kinda pink toned so I went with this one. It also had a little British flag beside the name on the shelf, and I love England too much to not choose the even more British one. Granted I don’t know what the flag meant to represent. Still, this colour is a great match for my skin.

The only issue is, when I swatched this on my hand, I noticed it had the tiniest microshimmer in it! What? A shimmer in a matte powder? That makes no sense. The pictures don’t capture it, and I’ve asked several people about if my face looks glittery when I’m wearing it, and no one can see it, so I guess I don’t really mind, and it’s a great basic powder. Still seems odd though. Have you used this product? Did your colour have any shimmer?

Dollarama Cotton Pads:

100_1833_thumb

I don’t think these have another brand, they were just $1 cotton pads at Dollarama, whereas most cotton pads are more like $4 or $5, so I chose these. I can’t really tell the difference. Just an essential for a nail junkie like myself!

Old Navy “Tami” tank tops:

100_1834_thumb

These were only for $7, or something great like that, plus we were there the day before Black Friday, so everything in the store was something like 30% off, so these were a great deal. I’d been wanting another tank top like my comfy one from H&M, which is just wonderfully fitted, a bit stretchy, but also loose and comfy and flattering. However, they had only one colour, and it was nude and a size small. My boyfriend suggested Old Navy. Now, I have a mental block about Old Navy, I hate them on principle. They are preppy and housewife-ish in my head, and also related to the GAP. However, everytime David suggests shopping there they have pretty much exactly what I want, especially for basics.

These are great, and exactly how I described the H&M tank above. The name is a little ridiculous… “Tami” is supposed to be a hybrid of a tank and a cami… so… what, they have slightly skinnier straps than a tanktop? I don’t understand the need for a new name. But either way, these are great, and so comfy!

And that’s everything I got. Have you bought anything great (or super basic but essential) lately? Also, I’m always open to post suggestions, so let me know if you have any!

Thanks for reading <3

2 comments:

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...