Thursday, March 7, 2013

February 2013 Favourites

Hey all! I’m getting this in here a little later than I  like to, but it is before the end of the first week of the month, so it’s all good, right? (Of course it is.) Anyways, just a few things to share with you:

MAC Amplified Lipstick in Impassioned:

100_2363

This sounds a little like cheating because I posted my review for this lipstick only about a week or so ago, but I did buy it closer to the middle of the month, and I’ve worn it more than any other lip product since then. I could continue to rave about this lipstick, or you could just go read my review if you haven’t already!

Wet n Wild H2O Proof liquid liner

100_2279

I basically bought this on a whim, though also partly to replace my ELF liner pen. Luckily, I’m actually really happy with this liner, though! It goes on super black, and it actually is waterproof. Even on those days when I’m in my makeup for hours and hours, my shadow might leave, but I am still wearing this liner. And it’s cheap! What’s not to love?

Sephora Triple action cleansing water

100_2211

You might remember that I got this as a replacement to my Sephora foaming face wash, because I wanted to try something different, even though I liked the line. I do quite like this. I like that I don’t have to get up and wash my face, just pump some onto a cotton pad and it gets off all my makeup. It doesn’t leave a sticky or greasy feeling residue on my face either, and it’s more hydrating—or at least less dehydrating—than a toner, so if I don’t put on moisturizer right after, my face is still happy.

Non-Cosmetic favourites:

Knitting

100_2502

This might seem a little geeky or something, but I really like knitting, especially now that I’ve basically got it down. I’m pretty proud of my bunny pictured above, too, even though he isn’t stuffed yet. Also, why is stuffing so expensive? I think I might take my mom’s advice and scavenge some old dead socks or fabric scraps, but yes. Also, I made a TARDIS wrist warmer, though my multi-colour skills are a little lacking, so it’s super tight, and thus hard to wear.

Miso Soup

100_2504

Before you point out that this is a picture of instant miso soup, I want to let you know that it is just individually packaged portions of miso paste, which is what is used to make actual miso soup. You just mix the paste into hot water, and then add the dried green onion and wakame, and you literally have miso soup. I think this is great, because I love miso soup. Probably a bit too much. It is my favourite part of going out for Japanese, and I’m always tempted to order a second bowl. I don’t know why, but something about the simple, salty soup just makes me happy.

Also, it doesn’t taste like tofu, if you never had it, which I can attest to, because I hate tofu.

My New Blog:

thought constellations

Yeah, shameless plug. Still though, even though I’ve only posted a couple of times, I am loving having somewhere to post my thoughts about non-makeup stuff, as much as I love makeup. I would love if you would check it out and subscribe!

***

And that’s everything for the past month! Let me know what your favourites have been, and also your thoughts on anything I mentioned above. I always love hearing from you, and would love you even more if you subscribed over at my other blog as well (and here, if you haven’t)! =) Thanks for reading, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...