Thursday, May 2, 2013

April 2013 Favourites

Hello again, I’m sorry it’s been so so long since my last post… I know how annoying it is when I realise that one of my bloggers hasn’t updated in over a month. I don’t have much in the way of an excuse, either, since I’ve been on my semester break for a while now. So I will just apologize and hope I still have some readers. I’m also not going to lie this time, and I will, in fact, write up a few posts right now to go up over the next week or two. I really hope to get back into blogging regularly very soon. Thanks for sticking around!

I’ve bought some stuff since the end of March, but rather than trying to collect it all for a massive haul post for you, I think it would be better at this point to do some reviews on individual products I want to share. And for now, since I skipped March, and I didn’t have much in the way of favourites for March anyway, I thought I’d start off with my April Favourites post.

Beauty Favourites:

1. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Natural

100_2617

This is a product I’ve seen a lot of on YouTube and beauty blogs, and which I’ve loved for a long time. It’s just a basic face powder, but it does what it needs to do. It mattifies, sets foundation, and offers some light coverage on its own, which is most often how I wear this powder. I am lucky to have fairly even skin, so usually this, with a little bit of concealer for zits, is enough for my everyday makeup to keep me from looking blotchy or too shiny.

I felt like I went through this product really fast, but checking back, I bought this way back in December, if not late November. Considering that this product is $10 or less, 5 months worth of product is pretty awesome if you ask me! As you can see, I’ve almost completely used up this product, and I will certainly be repurchasing.

2. Cover Girl Clump Crusher (water resistant) in Very Black

100_2619

100_2621

This is the first of two mascaras I have for you this month, and one I’m way behind the rest of the beauty community in trying out, but I’m not unhappy that I did. This definitely does resist clumping, though clumps are possible. One coat makes a pretty natural look, but I find I need at least two to look really good. Other than that though, I do really like this mascara, and its even good for layering to unclump other mascaras, just because it does have a great brush.

3. Essence Get Big Lashes! Volume Boost Waterproof Mascara

100_2622

100_2625

I wanted to try out some Essence products because they are sold at Shoppers for so cheap, almost like ELF in Canada. This mascara is kinda great, though. If you’ve been around this blog a while, you might remember my love of Urban Decay’s Big Fatty mascara. This has a huge, wonderful brush just like that, and I do love the effect. It can get clumpy, but there’s really no mascara that doesn’t, and anyways, you can’t go wrong for the price!

4. Glitter Liquid Liners

100_2626

This is sorta a general thing. I bought these all around the same time, and I’ve been loving layering these over black liquid liner for sparkle and awesomeness. It just adds something extra to a simple makeup look. The Annabelle ones are much better than the ELF one, though, so if you’re looking for a good glitter liner, I’d suggest Annabelle if you can buy that where you live.

5. Pro-FX Fiberized Ridge Filler

100_2629

I showed this a while back, when I bought it, and I’ve liked this so far. It doesn’t help my nails for strength like OPI Nail Envy, but this is so much cheaper, and so big I may never need to buy a base coat again…! (So not true…) Anyays, I do suggest this if you can find it; I got mine at Wal-Mart.

6. True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere Hand Cream

100_2635

This is from Bath and Body Works, and I bought it on sale. It smells like icing, and makes my hands super soft. I don’t have anything revolutionary to tell you about it, but it has been the hand lotion I’ve been reaching for most often over the last little while, just because it smells so good.

Non-Beauty Favourites:

1. Google Nexus 7

100_2632

If you saw my post about wanting this on my other blog, you might have been wondering if I ever got it (probably not). And I did, and I love it. Its fast, it does games, ebooks, magazines, internet, email, lists, and lots more. It’s just super convient and really light, so it’s no problem to carry around. Also, now that I have a little cover for it, I don’t have to worry about it every time I toss it in my bag!

2. Mountain Dew Code Red

Image from Sodahead.com

I have loved Code Red since the first time I had it in Slurpee form the last time it came to Canada, and I have been sad ever since it disappeared. Recently, though, Mountain Dew has been holding a contest to decide which new Mountain Dew flavour will become permanent in Canada, and I really really hope this one wins. If you want to help me, and vote for Code Red, click here; you are also entered into a contest for voting.

And for some reason, I can’t think of much else at the moment, so I’ll leave it there for this post. Lemme know your thoughts on anything or everything in this post, and what your favourites over the past month have been.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...