Sunday, October 6, 2013

September 2013 Favourites

I really had very few favourites last month, and just as many non-beauty favorutes as beauty ones, but I think that’s okay! So without further ado, here are my September favourites:

Bold Lips, especially Hang Up by MAC

100_3290

Although I really need a lip liner for this colour, as it’s so dark it is easy to put on messily and it feathers pretty easily. That said, I love the dark look. I’ve also been loving other bold and bright colours lately, including my other MAC lipstick (Impassioned) and also my Revlon Balm Stain in Sweetheart. But mostly Hang Up.

MAC Soft and Gentle

100_3299

It took me a while to start playing with this. I was a little scared of looking like a glitter bomb, but I love love love the look of this on my cheekbones! At first, I felt like I had to have a blush and contour on, but lately I’ve been loving just wearing this a highlight with my Milk Chocolate Soliel bronzer as a light contour.

Skin 79 Pink BB Cream

100_3286

Although I haven’t used  this a lot, the few times that I have tried it, it worked fantastic. It’s an odd colour and texture, and almost looks a little grey when I squirt it onto my hand, but once it’s buffed into my skin, it matches my face pretty well, it covers flaws without being unnatural, and it holds my face powder (especially my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Silky Beige, which is basically my perfect colour) without looking heavy or cakey. I’ve also worn it without powder once, and it my surprise, it set surprisingly well and quickly, and lasted a long time.

ELF Essential Tone Correcting Concealer in Ivory

100_3294

I’ve had this for a while now, but I’ve recently been using this on my under eyes, and I really like it. I have to make sure I set it with powder really well, because I find it doesn’t dry very well, but it does help to brighten up my eyes and make my entire look seem cleaner and more flawless.

Non-Beauty Favourites:

“Wake Me Up” by Avicii:

Image from soundisstyle.com

My current workout song. I have the entire “True” album by Avicii now, which is good, since I won’t have to over-do one 4 minute song for a 30 minute treadmill session! That said, “Wake Me Up” is a fantastic song; I love how it’s a cool mix of Country singing and techno/dance music, and it’s so happy and dance-y! I wish there was more country-techno music in the world! (Click here to watch the music video!)

Dystopian Teen Series:

100_3282

I’m just finishing up “The Selection” by Kiera Cass, but I also read “Delirium” this past month, and I took the entire series worth of books for the Selection and Delirium series’ out of the library, though I haven’t got around to them yet. Oh! And the Divergent movie is coming out, as well as Catching Fire…! It’s a great time to be into these books! =)

Cranberry Ginger Ale:

100_3287

I maybe have talked about this last year when this was last a thing, but I never had the Canada Dry brand version before! It’s even better than the PC brand, since it tastes like there’s actially cranberry juice in it (there is), and it’s just soooo gooood!

Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes:

100_3284

Mmmm… I know this is everyone’s favourite (or should be), so I won’t really go on about it. Honestly, if you haven’t and you like yourself, try this. You will love it. Or else. (Also, isn’t my new mug super cool? =P)

***

And that’s all for this last month! Let me know what your favourites were during the month of September! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Cranberry Gingerale and stock up on it like crazy during the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I usually drink a ton during the seasons it's available, and slowly work my way through my last box so I don't have to live without it xD

      Delete

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...