Saturday, May 17, 2014

MetropolisxKlout Spring Fashion Event

I’ve been on Klout probably for a couple of years now, but up until a couple weeks ago it had been completely and utterly useless. I’ve never got any perks that didn’t seem like spam, and there isn’t much to do on the site itself to try to get a better score, unlike Influenster, which allows you to be active on its own site, as well as ranking your social media scores.

But this post is not a rant about the uselessness of Klout, instead, I wanted to talk a little bit about this cool event I got to go to because of Klout!

I’m pretty sure they invited just about anyone in Vancouver who uses Klout, which probably isn’t all that many, because it was pretty busy, and I was only at the first event. They ran the same event at two different times. There was a bunch of free treats, samples, a big prize draw, and a (slightly lame) fashion presentation. For a better look at the event itself, how busy it was, and to see what the presentation looked like, don’t miss my vlog from the event (click here to watch on Youtube. Sorry, I messed up exporting this video, so no HD. Next time!):

And now that you’ve seen that, I just wanted to give you a better look at some of the stuff I got from the event. . .

As we entered, we were given these packages:

IMG_0833

Which held our free giftcards (everyone got $10 to use in the mall), as well as our ticket for the prize draws, and our treat coupons:

IMG_0834

2014-05-08 18.48.10

The mini cupcakes were provided by Cupcakes, which I’m pretty sure is a Vancouver based brand. The hors d’oeuvres weren’t anything too special; there were 4 options including (half) samosas, a meditteranean wrap, an asian veggie wrap/roll thing, and cheesy mushroom tarts. I had the mushroom tart and samosa, and both were pretty good.

2014-05-08 18.45.53

Mocktail, as you may already know, is a fancy name for fizzy juice drinks; Brit had the Pineapple Sunrise, which I think was pineapple, sprite, orange juice, and grenadine, and I had Midnight Pomegranate (or something like that), which had pomegranate juice, blueberry juice, sprite, and cranberry juice. It was alright… coulda used some rum =P Finally, the chocolates were provided by Purdy’s! Nom! They gave us a small salted caramel chocolate (which was aaaamaaaazing!) as well as a chocolate lollipop thing:

IMG_0842

One of the tables at the event was The Bay, which was displaying Shiseido and Nars, who signed us up for complimentary facials (Shiseido) and makeup applications (Nars), which we went to do last Saturday:

IMG_0843

L’Occitane was also there, and were signing people up for their newsletter and giving out free samples of their body cream:

IMG_0846

My favourite, of course, was the Benefit table! They were doing mini makeup applications. My girl, whose name she either didn’t tell me, or else I completely blanked on it, put HighBeam and ChaCha Tint on me, and was very chatty and friendly.

2014-05-08 18.51.39

Oh, and I got another sample of They’re Real mascara:

IMG_0847

Did I mention we also got super cool/corny floral headband things?

2014-05-08 18.34.46

By the way, if you like my makeup in the picture above, I have a tutorial for that look (minus the orange lips) going up next Saturday, so don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see that as soon as it’s out!

So that’s everything! Let me know if you were at the event, or if you’ve ever got anything cool from Klout. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...