Saturday, July 16, 2016

REVIEW || Batiste Dry Shampoo + 5 Dry Shampoo Tips

I'm not sure if I've talked about Batiste dry shampoo on my blog before or not, but I have used it a few times. I'm sure its a brand that many people are already familiar with, and it is particularly popular at least in the blogging and YouTube beauty communities, it seems. And with good reason!

This bottle of Batiste was sent to me to review, but I have also purchased other scents before myself, and my review is completely honest and my own!

Also, at the bottom of the post, I've listed 5 of my dry shampoo tips for newbies, or anyone who might not be a big dry shampoo fan. I know I've had a hard time finding the right dry shampoo and figuring out how to use it properly, so hopefully I can help someone else out so you don't have to do the same trial and error thing I did!

Batiste original bottle

While I don't have a whole hell of a lot to say about this dry shampoo, I do think it is the best one I have ever used! Compared to various other dry shampoos, I find that Batiste smells amazing (and comes in a few different scents!), leaves the least residue in my hair (it actually feels really weightless, not grainy or heavy), and works the fastest with the least amount of product, so you actually get more uses out of every bottle!

I've also never had a bottle of Batiste run out of aerosol before it also ran out of product, possibly because of it's super fine texture? So in my experience, I've wasted far less Batiste than any other dry shampoo, which I always seem to have to throw out before I can use it up!

The two scents I've tried out are this one, the original, which smells very fresh and clean, and maybe a little bit lemony? A bit like dish soap or dryer sheets... but I mean that in the best way possible, because I really love the scent and will likely buy myself a bottle when this one is empty!

I've also tried the tropical scent, which is also nice, but very summery. It's an odd one to use in the colder months, because it smells like coconutty sunscreen, which I know tons of people would love (and it is nice), but definitely wasn't a favourite of mine. I really want to try out the leopard print bottle, which I think people have described as having a chocolate-y scent!

Finally, as promised in the title, I wanted to give you a few pointers if you are new to dry shampoo, or just can't figure out how to make it work. So here are some of the things I've had to learn through trial and error so maybe you won't have to!:

  1. Shake the bottle constantly! The more you shake it, the less likely you are to run out of the aerosol you need to get that product out of the can! I like to shake really well before i start, and then give a couple quick shakes between each spritz.
  2. Dry shampoo is not a miracle product. It helps, but isn't as good as a fresh wash. It's disappointing to find out that there is no dry shampoo that will make your hair look truly fresh-washed, but it's best to accept this, and learn to work with what dry shampoo can accomplish: making hair feel less oily and getting rid of that not-clean hair smell.
  3. The earlier you use it, the better it will work. If you know you won't be washing your hair tomorrow and you want to prolong the look of your hair with dry shampoo, I'd put a bit of the product in maybe 12 or so hours after you wash, or sooner if you have really oily hair! So if you wash in the morning, I'd pop in a bit before you go to bed to start soaking up some of those oils before they take over. Then you can add a bit more in the morning to help refreshen, and you won't feel like you're fighting an uphill battle.
  4. Don't just spray it on the top of your hair. Maybe this is obvious to you, or maybe it isn't... but when applying dry shampoo, you need to spray it at your roots in small amount all over your head. I like to lift random areas and spray around the roots, let it sit for a few moments, and then toss my hair around to bring back my hair's volume and help make sure there are no clumps of product to be visible or to irritate your scalp.
  5. You can also use dry shampoo on clean hair for volume or texture. I don't really do this myself, as my hair is pretty textured and cooperative, but if you have very fine or slippery ahir, adding a little dry shampoo to clean hair can help your hair hold a style, if you don't want to wear it down and natural!

Those are all the tips I can think of right now, but leave any more you might have down in the comments, as well as your favourite dry shampoo! Or your favourite Batiste scent!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...