Thursday, May 25, 2017

REVIEW || Acure Brightening Facial Scrub

Hello again! Today I'm reviewing Acure's Brightening Facial Scrub, as you can see from the title. I was sent this product for consideration, but this post is not sponsored, and I am always completely honest with my opinions. This is also not the first time I've tried out Acure products, and I've always liked them quite a lot! I had thought I'd written about more of the Acure products I had tried, but it seems like I only included one of them in a skincare favourites post, so I guess I have another review I should put on my list!

Anyways, onto the product at hand: the Acure brightening facial scrub is meant to be good for all skin types and says that it features argan stem cells and chlorella, as well as sea kelp and lemon peel (to gently exfoliate), French green clay (to remove impurities), and Madonna lily stem cells (to help brighten). Acure products are always full of great ingredients, though, and this one also contains acai, blackberry, pomegranate, and rosehips fruit extracts, chamomile and calendula flower extracts, rooibos, sage, and spearmintleaf extracts, walnut shell flour, and olive oil. It's cruelty-, paraben-, and sulfate-free, and also vegan, so it's safe for just about everyone in that way as well!

Acure Brightening Facial Scrub photo

So, my thoughts? First off, this stuff smells awesome! It's kind of a citrus-y, mint-y green tea scent, in my opinion, which just comes from all the various extracts and ingredients, since this product doesn't contain any extra perfumes or fragrances, which is great, especially if you are scent-sitive like me. (See what I did there?) The scent is herbal, refreshing, and calming.

Acure Brightening Facial Scrub Description

Aside from that, I really like the formula of this scrub, as well. It's got some good grit to it, but it is not too harsh. If you've ever used a face scrub that was a little too intense, you know how much that can hurt, but this doesn't do that; it isn't scratchy and doesn't hurt at all, it just sort of gently massages away impurities and dead skin. It doesn't strip your skin of all it's natural oils, either. Some face washes and exfoliators can leave my skin begging for moisturizer, but this leaves me feeling clean and fresh, not tight and parched. I would agree that this is likely a good product for anyone for that reason: it doesn't dry or add moisture, it just leaves a clean, fresh canvas for whatever other products you want to follow up with, whether that's acne products, toners, or moisturizers.

Acure Brightening Facial Scrub swatch

Oh, and by the way, this isn't meant to be a daily scrub. I'm sure you could use it that way if you wanted, or especially for acne-prone or oily skin, but it recommends using it 3 times a week for best results.

***

That's everything for this review! Let me know in the comments if you've tried anything from Acure and how you liked it! Also let me know your favourite face scrubs and washes. I like this one a lot, but I'm still not sure I've found my perfect face wash, so I'd love some suggestions!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...